How Do I Get a D1 Scholarship?2 min read
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the process of securing a D1 scholarship can vary depending on the sport and the specific school or university you are targeting. However, there are some general tips and advice that can help increase your chances of being offered a D1 scholarship.
Some of the key things to keep in mind are:
- Start the process early. The sooner you start contacting coaches and expressing your interest in attending their school, the better.
- Do your research. Make sure you are familiar with the requirements and expectations of a D1 athlete, so that you can make sure you are meeting all the necessary criteria.
- Get involved in showcase events and competitions. These provide an opportunity for coaches to see you in action and assess your potential.
- Stay in touch with coaches. Once you have made initial contact, follow up regularly and keep them updated on your progress and achievements.
- Be prepared to make sacrifices. A D1 scholarship requires a significant commitment of time and energy, so be prepared to put in the work required to succeed.